Saturday, May 31, 2008

Tagged for an author meme!

I was tagged by Marie of The Boston Bibliophile for this meme!



Author meme:
1. Who’s your all-time favorite author, and why?



This is a hard question. I've been saying my favorite book has been The Great Gatsby for a number of years now, ever since I read it in 11th grade. But I haven't really read much else by him so I wouldn't consider him a favorite author. I don't know if I could consider anyone a favorite! There is no one I run right out to buy books by except JK Rowling, but I still wouldn't say she's a favorite author. Man you're got me stumped!


2. Who was your first favorite author, and why? Do you still consider him or her among your favorites?



I think Roald Dahl was my first favorite author. I remember just loving Matilda and the Witches in particular. I would definitely consider him still a favorite in fact I've been meaning to try and reread his books and read the ones I haven't. I also really loved Ann M. Martin's for The Babysitter's Club as well.


3. Who’s the most recent addition to your list of favorite authors, and why?



Probably Chris Ware (he's a comic book artist) I just read The Acme Novelty Library #18 and just loved it.


4. If someone asked you who your favorite authors were right now, which authors would first pop out of your mouth? Are there any you’d add on a moment of further reflection?



Adrian Tomine, Daniel Clowes, F. Scott Fitzgerald, JK Rowling, Malcom Gladwell, Anne Brashares, Audrey Niffenegger.



Rules: Link to the person that tagged you, post the rules somewhere in your meme, answer the questions, tag six people in your post, let the tagees know they’ve been chosen by leaving a comment on their blog, let the tagger know your entry is posted.



Tagged:

The Page Flipper

Bending Bookshelf

Books and Movies

Amor Y Libros

The Book Muncher

Melissa Walker

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...