Monday, November 17, 2008

Perfect On Paper: The Misadventures of Waverly Bryson by Maria Murnane

From the back cover:

When her fiance calls off their wedding at the last minute, Waverly Bryson wonders if her life will ever turn out the way she thought it would... or should. Her high-powered job in sports PR? Not so perfect. Her relationship with her dad? Far from it. Her perfect marriage? Enough said.

Perfect... on Paper is a humorous tale of Waverly's efforts to cobble the pieces of a broken yesterday into a brand new tomorrow. What does the future have in store for her? Will she finally find what she's looking for?

Her dates? Cringe-inducing at times, definitely entertaining.

Her friends? Often amused, definitely supportive.

Her new crush? Possibly intrigued, definitely a catch.

The results? Hardly perfect, definitely just right.

This book made me smile and laugh, I loved it! Waverly Bryson was a great klutz of a character. She was funny, sweet, a giant klutz, and just an interesting person! Quickly, Waverly goes from almost married to single and she has to find herself again. And she doesn't have to do it alone, she has two great friends, Andie and McKenna to help her along. I loved the relationship between these three friends! Their meetups on the weekends and walks made me wish I lived in a city and could just walk outside like that!

One of my favorite things about this book was the humor, Waverly is always finding herself in awkward and embarrassing situations. She goes on several pretty unsuccessful dates including one where right afterwards the guy professes his love to her repeatedly! Also, she and her friend's are always running into a guy named Brad Cantor who is always trying to e-vite them to a themed party of some sort. It's too funny!

I love all the supporting characters in this book, Waverly's work friends, crushes, dates, the friend's she meets through work who are celebrities and even her enemies. A whole well rounded world was created for Waverly! I also loved reading about her job and the office politics. That stuff never used to interest me but now that I have a job of my own I like to see people's work habits, is that weird?

I was totally happy with the ending too. I internally squealed! I couldn't have seen it end any other way! I definitely recommend this book!

5/5 Stars
Review copy provided by author

What book have you read where the main character is a klutz?

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good one! Thanks for the review. :) I'm going to check it out on Amazon right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay I love books where the main character doesn't just exist in a bubble of three or four people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that does sound like a good book. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:55 AM

    I am so glad you enjoyed this one! I have heard lots of great things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this one as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Other than Twilight's Bella I can't think of anyone of the top of my head. I know I've read a few with klutzy though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops I meant to write the word *heroines* in there

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked this one too, I agree Waverly is a fun character.
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keri- I hope you like it, let me know if you do read it and what you think!

    Taren- Exactly, it's like a real world!

    bermudaonion- You are welcome, I really really liked it!

    J. Kaye- It's definitely a great book to read, I thought I would enjoy it but I LOVED it!

    S. Krishna- Oh yeah! I remember reading about it on your blog!

    Ladytink_534- I love klutzs, since i am one!

    Naida- I think everyone has enjoyed this one, it's great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...