Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Hardcover vs. Paperback 16

Pants On Fire by Meg Cabot

U.S. Hardcover and Paperback

Alternative Cover

U.K. Hardcover

U.K. Paperback


Katie Ellison is not a liar.
It's just that telling the truth is so . . . tricky. She knows she shouldn't be making out with a drama club hottie behind her football-player boyfriend's back. She should probably admit that she can't stand eating quahogs (clams), especially since she's running for Quahog Princess in her hometown's annual Quahog Festival. And it would be a relief to finally tell someone what really happened the night Tommy Sullivan is a freak was spray-painted on the new wall outside the junior high school gymnasium—in neon orange, which still hasn't been sandblasted off. After all, everyone knows that's what drove Tommy out of town four years ago.

But now Tommy Sullivan has come back. Katie is sure he's out for revenge, and she'll do anything to hang on to her perfect (if slightly dishonest) existence. Even if it means telling more lies than ever. Even if, now that Tommy's around, she's actually—no lie—having the time of her life.

This time not only do we get to pick a favorite cover but a favorite title! Personally, I like the cover being used in American, love how colorful it is and the little stars everywhere. I also like that title better!

Which cover and which title do you prefer?

16 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:29 AM

    For both, I like the second book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the alternative cover..

    And I love this book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:21 AM

    I like the alternative cover, and I'm not crazy about either title, but if I had to pick I'd pick Pants On Fire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the alternative cover and I don't really like either title, but forced to pick, I'd go with Pants on Fire.

    --- I just noticed bermudaonion's answer! We think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the alternative cover the best... and as for the title I like Pants on Fire the best. I think it goes with the book a bit better than Tommy Sullivan is a Freak. :)

    hope.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the US cover(s) best. And the title too. When I first heard Meg was writing a book called Tommy Sullivan is a Freak I thought it was going to be middle grade because of the title. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the second cover the best. That first one freaks me out everytime I see it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ick. Butts on covers. I'm not a fan of either. Nor was I a fan of this book, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  9. US hardcover, definitely. I don't really like the others...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the second cover for both books. Although for the second book, I don't really like either cover to be honest.

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't really like any of the covers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the second cover best :)
    I havent read Meg Cabot yet.
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Go here for another version of the Tommy Sullivan cover: http://www.tangerineblue.com/~calder/lettering/025.html

    Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the alternate cover and Pants on Fire for the title.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for weighing in everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the US alternative cover better, US title too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...