Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hardcover vs. Paperback 17

Girls Dinner Club by Jessie Elliot

Hardcover
ingredients one rainy afternoon one huge crush on a boy a few secrets a kitchen, preferably somewhere in Brooklyn fresh laughter -- as much as you want one or two broken hearts a pinch of salt a good friend -- or even better, three Junie's The love of Junie's life for the past year is suddenly acting like a crazed puppy. Celia's dad has found the most ridiculous woman in all of Manhattan -- and decided, after fifteen years of being single, to date her. Danielle's hot-guy-in-a-band ex-boyfriend is trying to convince her that he's "changed." Sometimes, living life is a recipe for disaster. Sometimes, girls just have to make their own recipes.

Doesn't this sound a little like Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and The Teashop Girls? I like both covers but like the hardcover just a bit more for the pastel colors, style of photography, and title treatment!
Which is your favorite?

22 comments:

  1. I like the hardcover, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the hardcover definitely :)

    stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm going to buck the trend here and go with the paperback. I like it because it includes the girls and it looks informal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cute, but I love the paperback. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paperback. I don't like the blurriness of the hardcover. The paperback is friendlier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am with you, the hardcover is better

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the hardcover is sooo much better. It seems more sophisticated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neither make me want to pick up the book. Especially not the paperback.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hardcover! I actually have this on my TBR pile, and it's near the top! I've been wanting to read this for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the paperback. I can't get past the blurriness of the hardback!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the hardcover is better.

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  12. I actually like the general feel of the paperback better, but it looks like their faces are *in* their cups. I can't stop looking at that, so I'm going with hardcover.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The paperback seems to fit the summary better.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the hardcover too. The paperback is kinda blah.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hardcover, definitely

    ReplyDelete
  16. Voting for the hardcover, though the paperback might fit that description better.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Like the hardcover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like them both but the hardcover leaves a bit more to the imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both are super-cute!@

    ReplyDelete
  20. first one. it looks more grownup. the second one looks like a young adult novel.

    ReplyDelete
  21. the hardcover is more grownup looking and really goes well with the title.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Like Liv says, I really like the sophistication of the hardcover, it's so much softer than the paperback.

    And I'm pretty sure at least the hardcover is out of print. I bought a copy from my local library's sale :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...