Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"Waiting On" Wednesday! 35

Undiscovered Gyrl by Allison Burnett

From Amazon.com

Only on the internet can you have so many friends and be so lonely.

Beautiful, wild, funny, and lost, Katie Kampenfelt is taking a year off before college to find her passion. Ambitious in her own way, Katie intends to do more than just smoke weed with her boyfriend, Rory, and work at the bookstore. She plans to seduce Dan, a thirty-two-year-old film professor.

Katie chronicles her adventures in an anonymous blog, telling strangers her innermost desires, shames, and thrills. But when Dan stops taking her calls, when her alcoholic father suffers a terrible fall, and when she finds herself drawn into a dangerous new relationship, Katie's fearless narrative begins to crack, and dark pieces of her past emerge.

Sexually frank, often heartbreaking, and bursting with devilish humor, Undiscovered Gyrl is an extraordinarily accomplished novel of identity, voyeurism, and deceit.

Released August 11th 2009

So I heard about this via the Shelf Awareness newsletter and watching this really interesting video a few weeks ago. It just sounds highly original and I like the idea of a blog coming into play. I just have to know more about it. Good news for those of you like me, it comes out in paperback!

What can't you wait for to be released?

"Waiting On" Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine!

10 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great book! Wicked WoW post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm sounds good

    ReplyDelete
  3. I skipped a few weeks of WoW and now you are ahead of me in WoW count ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg. I want this. Sounds amazing. I haven't posted my wish-list for this week yet....I'll try later, but I have a long post of books I want on my blog if you go down a few posts. That's my book wish-list so far at any rate, just to name a few. LOL

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks interesting. I might have to give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She works at a bookstore? I'm jealous. XD But this book really does sound great. Katie seems like a really interesting character. Great pick!

    - Alex

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds really intriguing and yes... the blog thing is the factor :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:33 PM

    Oh so MOST definitely. This would've been my Waiting On book if I'd posted. In fact, it'd be it until I get my copy (waiting on a review one and a giveaway copy from the publisher :-D ). It's very chilling as a mother to think of what kids are doing these days and what they're dealing with. I cringe to think if the media had been there when I was a kid, where could I have ended up?

    And my kids think I'm mean to keep the computer in a communal room. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Was it your Twitter I saw this one on earlier? THere's a really neat book trailor for it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...