Sunday, June 27, 2010

Flawless (Pretty Little Liars #2) by Sara Shepard

*SPOILERS FROM BOOK 1: Pretty Little Liars**

Amazon.com:

Spencer stole her sister's boyfriend. Aria is brokenhearted over her English teacher. Emily likes her new friend Maya . . . as much more than a friend. Hanna's obsession with looking flawless is making her sick. And their most horrible secret yet is so scandalous that the truth would ruin them forever.

And why shouldn't I tell? They deserve to lose it all. With every crumpled note, wicked IM, and vindictive text message I send, I'll be taking these pretty little liars down. Trust me, I've got enough dirt to bury them alive.

-A

After reading the series as a whole I can say that Flawless is one of my least favorite in the series, but isn't by any means un-enjoyable. It centers very much on two things, The Jenna Thing which I'm glad we FINALLY get to find out about and Foxy (a ritzy fundraiser event). I guess I was just hoping for more plots. I started to get sick of hearing about these two things.

As with the first book the 4 girls deal with their own personal problems but are still being threatened by A. In this book I found Emily's friendship with Toby (Jenna's brother) pretty interesting. Was he someone she could trust or not? This plot created some great suspense especially towards the end of the book.

While this book wasn't one of my favorites in the series it laid a lot of groundwork for the upcoming books.

Flawless was released on February 19th 2008
Genre: Young Adult
3.5/5 Stars
Purchased at Half Price Books

4 comments:

  1. You're going to be ready for the TV show when it starts, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually finished the first book the morning of the first episode! This coming Tuesday is the fourth episode of the show. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds real interested may have to start this series soon

    The Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with your review! Now that I have read all of the books (in record time lol) I can say that this was one of my least favorites - but it definitely gives a lot of necessary info on what's to come in the following books! I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on the conclusion.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...