Friday, September 24, 2010

Lookalikes 120

Plastic by Sarah N. Harvey

Uglies by Scott Westerfeld (UK Paperback)

I totally imagine this photo as one of the weird stock photos I would see while scrolling through searching for a photo, and thinking what on earth would someone do with that! Well I guess they would do this lol. I definitely prefer the typography on the Uglies cover so that's going to be my pick. 

Thanks to Laina and Yan who suggested this lookalike!

Have you spotted a Lookalike you would like to contribute? Send me an email!

8 comments:

  1. Ew. That cover just makes me cringe. Ick. I don't like either one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.K. so maybe if the parts and pieces were not in that pan but tied up with a pretty red ribbon. But then it wouldn't get as many views and second looks. Actually this kind of looks life my workspace of late where I have been busy "reincarnating".

    ReplyDelete
  3. You would think that would be something unique that you would only find on one cover. What a weird image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure that I like either one. Nothing about the covers draw me to them and I don't think I'd pic up the books to look at the back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate seeing do overs by publishers that can darn well afford new covers. I really didn't like either cover. But I love the books, especially the Uglies series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:33 PM

    I always wonder if it's done on purpose or if the publishers seriously don't realize the cover's been used on another book before.

    I just started following you, so I'm sure you've talked about this -- but CS Lewis used an apple in a hand long before Twilight grabbed it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah- Thanks for following, I have done that one but thank you :) Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Plastic better. It's cleaner... and maybe I'm a freak, but I like both of these XD

    (Also, um... I hate pointing this out, but you kinda spelled my name wrong...)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...