Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Weekly Dose of Crafts

Not much to see today but I wanted to tell you that I finished my shawl from last week! It ate up yarn like crazy and during the bind off I finally ran out of yarn. I had to do some cringe worthy things to finish including using tails and eventually when those ran out I found a swatch of the same yarn and started to unravel it, the shawl was getting done and I wasn't going to go buy a new ball just for the bind off lol!


Sunday I ordered 2 seasons worth of the Berroco booklets and actually the yarn to start the scarf I linked to last week. When my package arrives later this week I think I will definitely be starting my scarf. But in the meantime I've been doing a little bit of work on two of my wips from long ago. They look like blobs here but eventually they will both be scarves/shawls!




For more crafty goodness be sure to stop over at WIP Wednesday! And find me on Raverly as mint910.


12 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, they do look blob-ish but once they are off the needles, blocked out they are beautiful works of wear-ful art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, glad you managed to finish the shawl! It looks great. It would've been sooo frustrating to run out and have to buy a new ball just for half a bind off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huzzah shawl blobs! I'm sure the FO pictures will be fabulous to make up for the blob ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Urgh, when I made the Stitch Sampler shawl I ran out a few rows from the end and had to wait AGES for the yarn - I think it was a few weeks. SO I'm glad you managed to do it without the same fate!

    Your knitting all loks gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY, the sampler shawl is finished!!!! It looks GORGEOUS. Can't wait to see the others grow (and the new projects you're waiting for the materials!) So happy you're back with WIPW. It wasn't the same without you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful shawl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That shawl is lovely! The colors are beautiful and the variety of stiches is really pretty. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know, I once crocheted a scarf whose length I failed to figure properly...the thing ended up being about nine feet long! But I think oddities like that, as represented by how people always approach and talk to me about my scarf, is what drives the human population to actually interact. What do you think?

    Oh, and please check out the blog where I extract philosophy from books and apply it to our enigmatic lives. The url is http://meditationsofateenagephilosopher.blogspot.com/
    Thank you so much! Really loved your post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The shawl looks really soft. Lovely.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous5:58 PM

    Very nice!! I took a few months break from crocheting, just was getting sick of it, I am back to crocheting and just did my first blog post... =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your crafts are really AMAZING! Good job :D
    Where have you learnt to knit? I mean, did you use any "online" tutorials? If yes, could you show me where? :p
    Thank you in advance (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually tried to learn with books and such and it didn't work so I took a class! I did learn to crochet with a dvd and a book though!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...